The friendliest Garden Centre serving Reading, Maidenhead & Wokingham.
Welcome to Hare Hatch Sheeplands: your fresh, local & friendly, independent garden centre. Home to a fantastic farm shop & delicious cafe. Visit us and speak to a member of our friendly team who will be more than happy to help: 0118 9401600 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter our Rio Olympic Treasure Trail and Colouring Competitions
OPENING HOURS: Mon to Sat: 8.30 am - 5.30 pm (Cafe 8.30 am - 5.00 pm)
Sunday 10.30 am - 4.30 pm (Cafe 10.00 am - 4.00 pm)
RG10 Front Garden: Competition Winners
The gardens have been viewed, photographs taken and the judges have reached a decision on the winners of the RG10 Front Garden Competition:
In first place: Sally Castle of Ruscombe
In second place: Robert Knight of Charvil
In third place: Marion and Tim Davis from Charvil
Planning Update: Press Release
Planning Update: July 18, 2016
Wokingham Borough Council's attempt to shut down businesses and activities at Hare Hatch Sheeplands Garden Centre failed in the High Court on Friday.
At an injunction hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand, the presiding judge Mr.Justice Edis adjourned the procedings to a later date.
At the hearing it became clear that Mr. Scott's lawful use evidence could not be heard properly at the coming public inquiry because of the existence of the enforcement notice.
The judge therefore directed that further evidence of the agreement made by Mr. Scott with various councillors in March 2014, which led to him withdrawing his appeal, was critical.
Furthermore he felt that this evidence should be heard in the High Court rather than by the planning inspectorate. He set strict dates for the production of evidence so that the outcome could be made available to the planning inspector before the inspector makes his decision following the September public Inquiry. This takes place at Shute End on the 6th, 7th & 8th of September.
Mr. Scott said, "I will be providing this evidence of the agreement with the councillors immediately as the future of HHS depends on it. I will now ask Mr Couldrick (Chief Executives of WBC) to encourage the council to do likewise.
“ It was at Mrs Theresa May's constituency meeting back in February 2014 that Councillor John Halsall first became involved in trying to help Hare Hatch Sheeplands. He told me that the council would welcome a compromise that would avoid the cost of the impending public inquiry.
“However, the spiralling costs associated with further legal action will severely stretch the business and it would be so much easier for Wokingham Borough Council to stop the injunction process, withdraw the enforcement notice and start meaningful negotiations towards a compromise for the whole site.”
WIN Great Prizes
We're trying something different ....... a website Treasure Hunt!
The Sheeplands website has a wealth of information from gardening tips to plant information, activities, offers, product range details, photo gallery, planning update, loyalty scheme and much, much more. The Treasure Hunt will take you around the site collecting letters to complete the trail and a Sheeplands phrase. At the same time we hope you'll take a look at the breadth and depth of information we have about our products, services and FREE events, not to mention our special offer section.
Prizes will include bottles of Woods Wine and craft beer from our local breweries.
Pick up an entry form next time you visit, or download a copy HERE
Summer FUN: Entertainment and Activities
From July 22 through to September 4, we've a packed schedule of FREE entertainment and activities to keep the children occupied. Entertainers include: Oojamaflip, Cookie the Clown, MAD Academy, Creative Arts and Bertie's Slippers.
In addition we've opened a sandpit on the coffee shop lawn and on Wednesdays we'll have a paddling pool as well.
Parents and carers will need to supervise children at ALL times, so why not grab a drink and cake from the coffee shop and relax.
For full details of dates and times for each entertainer and activity, go to the EVENTS page on our website
Garden Centre OFFERS
Throughout the Garden Centre we've a wide range of products at special offer prices. Why not pay us a visit and take advantage of these great offers:
- Moonlight Arch - usually £109.99, now £100
- Finial Arch - £149.99
- Owl Water Feature - £59.99
- FUN Planter Range (cats, dogs, chickens) - £9.99
- Zinc/Slate/Acacia range of planters - save up to £25
- Vitax Bonemeal 10 kg Tubs - normally £14.99, now £9.99
- Vegetable Troughs 0.6m and 1.0m - both now £59.99 - normally £69.99 and £99.99
- Rostaing Gloves - ALL now £14.99 - save up to £10.
- Phostrogen - down from £4.99 to £2.99
- Poppyforge Weathervanes - available to order
- Double sided Greenwich Station clock - was £64.99, now £49.99
- Tall Ice Orbs - Buy one get one FREE - £9.99
- Mini incinerators - £14.99
- Range of bird tables - £24.99 - £149.99
- Reductions on selected stainless steel tools - save up to £10
- Beverage stakes - £4.99 each or 2 for £7
- Brother garden labeller - was £14.99, now £9.99
- Dorset Arbour for home delivery - £225.99 (7 working days)
- Plant herbs in your Greenhouse 29 July 2016
- The Met Office wants weather obsessed gardeners to help them improve their forecasts 27 July 2016
- The Royal Horticultural Society needs your help! 25 July 2016
- The city of Belfast is coming up roses this week 21 July 2016
- Sow some late veggies 18 July 2016
- FREE Summer Events: Cookie the Clown 30 July 2016 9 August 2016 13 August 2016
- FREE Summer Events: Oojamaflip 31 July 2016 26 August 2016 2 September 2016
- FREE Summer Events: Bertie's Slippers 2 August 2016 14 August 2016 16 August 2016 30 August 2016
- FREE Summer Fun: Sand & Water 3 August 2016 10 August 2016 17 August 2016 24 August 2016 and more...
- FREE Summer Fun: Creative Arts 4 August 2016 6 August 2016 7 August 2016 11 August 2016 and more...
- FREE Summer Events: MAD Academy 5 August 2016 12 August 2016 19 August 2016 23 August 2016 and more...
Buy One Get One FREE - normally £14.99