The friendliest Garden Centre serving Reading, Maidenhead & Wokingham.
Welcome to Hare Hatch Sheeplands: your fresh, local & friendly, independent garden centre. Home to a fantastic farm shop & delicious cafe. Visit us and speak to a member of our friendly team who will be more than happy to help: 0118 9401600 or email@example.com. Enter our Rio Olympic Treasure Trail and Colouring Competitions
OPENING HOURS: Mon to Sat: 8.30 am - 5.30 pm (Cafe 8.30 am - 5.00 pm)
Sunday 10.30 am - 4.30 pm (Cafe 10.00 am - 4.00 pm)
SOS Petition Accepted by Wokingham Council
The new and revised Sheeplands petition was handed over to Andy Couldrick, by Patrick Heather, on Friday 07 October.
The original Sheeplands petition of over 12,000 signatures was not accepted by Wokingham because within their constitution, they are not able to accept petitions that refer to planning matters.
With the help of Wokingham the petition was re-worded. Within less than 2 months the new petition reached over 4,800 signatures, with more than 2,600 living, working or studying within the Borough.
Andy Couldrick, Chief Executive of Wokingham Council, kindly agreed to receive the new petition in person from Patrick Heather. The 2,600 Wokingham signatures is comfortably over the 1,500 required to trigger a council debate. We are now talking to Wokingham Council about the location for the council debate. We hope it will be somewhere in Twyford, and at a large enough venue for all of our supporters to attend. While the meeting will be formally run like a council meeting, we understand that there will be an opportunity to ask questions, so please keep an eye out for more information.
At least this is one small positive step forward.
Twyford Together Treasure Trail
Twyford Together Treasure Trail
Follow Cellin the Elf around the village centre in the Twyford Together Treasure Trail.
The trail begins at H.F. Newberry, where an answer sheet can be obtained. Follow the clues around the village centre shops/businesses collecting the names of 13 Elves. Every completed trail will get a goody bag from the final location, and everyone will go into a prize draw to win an 'Elf on the Shelf'.
The trail ends on Nov 20 with the winner announced in Bell Square on Sunday 27 November. Why not have some family fun and try the trail NOW! Download your answer sheet HERE
Breaking News - Environmental Award for Sheeplands
Work carried out by Hare Hatch Sheeplands garden centre to protect the environment received public recognition on Monday evening.
At the annual awards ceremony of Twyford Together, formerly known as Twyford Village Partnership, the centre won “The Environment Award” in recognition of its efforts.
The judges praised the creation by Sheeplands of a “best front garden” competition, open to anyone living in the RG10 area, which formed part of the village’s Twyford in Bloom effort.
“I am really pleased that our efforts have been commended,” said Sheeplands owner Rob Scott. “We try in so many different ways to protect the environment.
“One small example is how we encourage customers to take their purchases home in a recycled cardboard box rather than pay for a plastic bag. The money we would have charged for a bag is then going to local schools to encourage children to garden and grow and learn to protect the environment.
“I am passionate about protecting the environment and greatly encouraged by this award, which means our efforts have not gone unnoticed.”
Calendar of Events
As the leaves change colour and the weather becomes more autumnal, summer becomes a distant memory. However, that doesn't mean that the Events and Activities at Hare hatch Sheeplands have stopped. Quite the opposite. We've got something for everyone this Autmn with competitions, shows, tasting weekends, craft fairs ........ and the Twyford Treasure Trail!
All the information on these activities can be found on the Events section of our website, but here's a taster:
Here's a reminder of all the great things we have going on at the moment. See our website to get more details of the following:
Competitions (closing date: 31 Oct)
- Garden Centre: Guess the number of bulbs - prizes of bulbs worth £50, £25 & £10
- Colouring Competition: Free to enter Halloween colouring competition
- Halloween Treasure Trail: Prize draw for correctly completed trails
- More competitions coming soon ......
Advanced Show Bookings
Save money on the Enchanted Shows/Workshops by booking in advance before Nov 1 - Tickets £3.50 - SAVE £1.50
Take a look at our events page to see what's on over half-term. Most events are free, including:
- Saturday 22 Oct: Quirks Animal Roadshow
- Sunday 23 Oct: Halloween Arts & Crafts with Creative Studio
- Monday 24 Oct: Magic, balloons and games with Bertie's Slippers
- Tuesday 25 Oct: Magic, balloons and games with Bertie's Slippers
- Wednesday 26 Oct : Halloween Arts & Crafts with Creative Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct: Music and dance for toddlers with MAD Academy
- Friday 28 Oct: Circus skills and games with Oojamaflip
- Saturday 29 Oct: Halloween fancy dress disco with Enchanted Players (£5.00 per ticket - advance booking)
- Sunday 23 Oct : Halloween Arts & Crafts with Creative Studio
From Nov 26 the Enchanted Players will be here at the weekend with Queen of the North, Pirates and Princesses, Letter to Santa and Theatre workshops. Tickets are ONLY £3.50 if purchased before Nov 1. See more details HERE
Jon Thorner: Christmas Orders
It couldn't be easier to plan, order and collect all your Jon Thorner meat and poultry requirements for Christmas.
Firstly, why not download the Christmas Brochure and browse through the extensive range of food available to order from:
- Copas and free range turkeys
- Festive poultry such as Gressingham Duck, Game birds or Goose
- A Boxing Day choice of Beef, Pork, Lamb or Venison
- Gammon and Ham joints
- Kitchen specials such as Beef Wellington
- Speciality cheese or one of those special festive 'extras'
Once you've made your selection, download and complete the Jon Thorner order form and drop it into the butchery counter at Sheeplands. Job done!
- Two elm trees thought extinct in Britain have been discovered 21 October 2016
- Dry tomatoes and other fruits 19 October 2016
- A prison in Lancashire has won a prestigious award for its gardens 17 October 2016
- Clear away plant supports 14 October 2016
- British gardens have a new and unwelcome visitor 12 October 2016
- Half-Term Halloween Spooktakular 22 October 2016 23 October 2016 24 October 2016 25 October 2016 and more...
- Halloween Competitions 31 October 2016
- Christmas Craft Fair 5 November 2016 6 November 2016
- Enchanted Shows - Nov/Dec 26 November 2016 27 November 2016 10 December 2016 11 December 2016 and more...
- Calendar of Events 24 December 2016