The friendliest Garden Centre serving Reading, Maidenhead & Wokingham.
Welcome to Hare Hatch Sheeplands: your fresh, local & friendly, independent garden centre. Home to a fantastic farm shop & delicious cafe. Visit us and speak to a member of our friendly team who will be more than happy to help: 0118 9401600 or email@example.com. Enter our Rio Olympic Treasure Trail and Colouring Competitions
OPENING HOURS: Mon to Sat: 8.30 am - 5.30 pm (Cafe 8.30 am - 5.00 pm)
Sunday 10.30 am - 4.30 pm (Cafe 10.00 am - 4.00 pm)
Breaking News - Environmental Award for Sheeplands
Work carried out by Hare Hatch Sheeplands garden centre to protect the environment received public recognition on Monday evening.
At the annual awards ceremony of Twyford Together, formerly known as Twyford Village Partnership, the centre won “The Environment Award” in recognition of its efforts.
The judges praised the creation by Sheeplands of a “best front garden” competition, open to anyone living in the RG10 area, which formed part of the village’s Twyford in Bloom effort.
“I am really pleased that our efforts have been commended,” said Sheeplands owner Rob Scott. “We try in so many different ways to protect the environment.
“One small example is how we encourage customers to take their purchases home in a recycled cardboard box rather than pay for a plastic bag. The money we would have charged for a bag is then going to local schools to encourage children to garden and grow and learn to protect the environment.
“I am passionate about protecting the environment and greatly encouraged by this award, which means our efforts have not gone unnoticed.”
Calendar of Events
As the leaves change colour and the weather becomes more autumnal, summer becomes a distant memory. However, that doesn't mean that the Events and Activities at Hare hatch Sheeplands have stopped. Quite the opposite. We've got something for everyone this Autmn with competitions, shows, tasting weekends, craft fairs ........ and the Twyford Treasure Trail!
All the information on these activities can be found on the Events section of our website, but here's a taster:
Here's a reminder of all the great things we have going on at the moment. See our website to get more details of the following:
- Jon Thorner: £25 Beef pack
- Fish Glorious Fish: £25 Fish Fiesta
- Garden Centre: Guess the number of bulbs - prizes of bulbs worth £50, £25 & £10
- Colouring Competition: Free to enter Halloween colouring competition
- Halloween Treasure Trail: Prize draw for correctly completed trails
- More competitions coming soon ......
Advanced Show Bookings
Save money on the Enchanted Shows/Workshops by booking in advance before Nov 1
Charity Fund Raising
'Chuck in your change' to support the Sheeplands teams as they raise money at the Twyford Together annual Fun Run.
Help us raise money for a defibrillator at our Book Exchange in the Coffee Shop, or drop your change into the collecting tins by the tills.
Take a look at our events page to see what's on over half-term. Most events are free, including:
- Saturday 22 Oct: Quirks Animal Roadshow
- Sunday 23 Oct: Halloween Arts & Crafts with Creative Studio
- Monday 24 Oct: Magic, balloons and games with Bertie's Slippers
- Tuesday 25 Oct: Magic, balloons and games with Bertie's Slippers
- Wednesday 26 Oct : Halloween Arts & Crafts with Creative Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct: Music and dance for toddlers with MAD Academy
- Friday 28 Oct: Circus skills and games with Oojamaflip
- Saturday 29 Oct: Halloween fancy dress disco with Enchanted Players (£5.00 per ticket - advance booking)
- Sunday 23 Oct : Halloween Arts & Crafts with Creative Studio
From Nov 26 the Enchanted Players will be here at the weekend with Queen of the North, Pirates and Princesses, Letter to Santa and Theatre workshops. Tickets are ONLY £3.50 if purchased before Nov 1. See more details HERE
The Twins have arrived!
There’s some wonderful news from Hare Hatch Sheeplands. At 1.31 am on Wednesday 10 August Rob Scott and Andrea Burlingham became proud parents of twins.
First to arrive was a girl weighing 5lb 10 0zs, quickly followed by a boy weighing 6lb 4ozs.
Both are as beautiful and handsome as their mum and dad. All four are doing well. No names yet.
Congratulations from everyone at Sheeplands to Andrea and Rob.
- October - HTA Plant of the Moment in search of berried treasure 1 October 2016
- Over one in ten native species of plant and wildlife in Britain are facing extinction 30 September 2016
- Green walls and roof gardens play a far greater part in improving city living 28 September 2016
- Sow winter lettuce 26 September 2016
- The ultimate harvest festival gets under way next weekend 23 September 2016
- Chuck in your change! 9 October 2016
- Half-Term Halloween Spooktakular 22 October 2016 23 October 2016 24 October 2016 25 October 2016 and more...
- Halloween Competitions 31 October 2016
- Christmas Craft Fair 5 November 2016 6 November 2016
- Enchanted Shows - Nov/Dec 26 November 2016 27 November 2016 10 December 2016 11 December 2016 and more...
- Calendar of Events 24 December 2016